Whether you travel by car, foot, public transport or bicycle, Nancy aims to ensure that your travel conditions are perfect.
Not only is there free car parking in the suburbs, but you have the choice of on- and off-street parking.
Street parking (6,300 spaces)
Divided into two areas:
- The central zone, known as T2 (single price): 2,790 spaces where you can park for a maximum of 3 hours.
- The peripheral zone, divided into T4 and T6 (prices get cheaper the longer you stay): 3,500 spaces where you can park for a maximum of 8 hours.
Download parking plan surface (.pdf)
30 off-street car parks (7,871 spaces)
Off-street parking is up to 25% cheaper than street parking, depending which offer you choose. Less stress and easy access to the town centre.
List of car parks
Parking Gare Thiers - courte durée Place Thiers ( 1 entrée rue Mazagran et 1 entrée rue Piroux) 54000 Nancy
Tél : 0383353040
Parking Gare Thiers - longue durée Place Thiers ( 1 entrée rue Mazagran et 1 entrée rue Piroux) 54000 Nancy
Tél : 0383353040
Parking Joffre-Saint Thiébaut 22 rue du Grand Rabbin Haguénauer 54000 Nancy
Tél : 0383323798
Parking République Centre de Congrès Prouvé boulevard Joffre (sous le Centre des Congrès) 54000 Nancy
Tél : 0383307858
Parking Saint Sébastien Centre commercial Saint Sébastien, Place Charles III (1 Entrée rue Cyfflé et 1 entrée rue Haguenauer) 54000 Nancy
Tél : 0383171819
The different options
If you're only stopping for a few minutes...
The easiest option is to use a car park where you can take advantage of 30 minutes free parking.
If you want to park near Place Stanislas...
Use the 4 car parks in the immediate vicinity of the royal square:
Place Stanislas Car Park
6 Rue Claude Charles / 54000 Nancy
Vaudémont Car Park
Terrasse de la Pépinière / 54000 Nancy
Dom Calmet Car Park
17/19, rue Saint Dizier / 54000 Nancy
Carnot Car Park
2 Place Carnot 54000 Nancy
For half day visits...
Make use of the new parking guidance system. As you approach the town centre, 57 digital signs will lead you to your destination, informing you in real time of the number of spaces available in participating car parks and park-and-rides.
For full day visits, use the park-and-rides !
Do you need to park easily when you come into work each day? Is it time for a city-centre shopping spree? The park-and-ride system is perfect for you. A ticket costing just € 2.70 covers parking your vehicle for the whole day and the return trip for you and all your passengers into the city centre on public transport. These car parks are managed by the Grand Nancy metropolitan area.
- Price : 2.70 € per véhicule
Sundays and Bank Holidays...
The first four hours of parking are free in car parks.
After that, you won't pay more than € 2 for the full day, except in the Saint Nicolas car park (€ 7 per day)
Night-time parking is capped at € 2 for the whole night in city centre car parks. Free parking is available outside the city centre.
If you work or live near the quayside...
The City of
- a 5-day pass (Monday to Friday) for € 35 per month .
- a standard pass (7 days a week) for € 55 per month ..
To buy a pass or for further information, contact the parking department directly on +33 (0)3 83 85 56 69.
If you are disabled apply for your european parking badge :
- If you are disabled, you should hold a European parking badge.
- This card allows the holder or the person with him or her to park for free in spaces open to the public (including unreserved spaces). However, parking is limited to 12 hours.
Parking for medical professionals.
Apply for your special parking permit
You need a special parking badge known as a "Macaron Santé" to park for free (for up to 60 minutes) during home visits. These are especially for healthcare works such as doctors, locums, nurses, locum nurses, midwives, cardiologists, paramedics, paediatricians, podiatrists, physiotherapists and speech therapists. You must work in the Grand Nancy region.
These badges are free and allow you to park in pay-parking spaces for the duration of the home visit. It cannot be used outside your place of work or home.
To claim your badge, you need to provide your professional ID card, your car registration document and proof of address.
DELIVERIES: Check rules and times
You can stop on double lines as long as you do not disrupt or block traffic, under the following conditions:
- variable times in pedestrian areas (dark grey), generally from 6am to 11am.
- 9am to 12 noon and 8pm to 7am in the central area (yellow),,
- 9am to 12 noon and 2.15pm to 4.45pm and 8pm to 7am in other areas (light grey).
Stopping in the delivery areas marked on the ground is allowed 24 hours a day.
IF YOU FAIL TO PAY TO PARK...
The fine is € 17 and will go up if you don't pay within the deadline set by the Public Prosecutor on behalf of the State.
CASES OF VERY OBSTRUCTIVE PARKING
In July 2015, a State Decree introduced the concept of "very obstructive parking" into the French Highway Code (Article R417-11). As a result, certain offences that were previously subject to a € 35 fine, will now cost the offender € 135. You will incur a € 135 fine if you stop or park:
- on a pavement, such that pedestrians must walk on the road to get round your vehicle
- on cycle lanes
- on pedestrian crossings and within 5 metres of these walkways (unless there is specific signage to the contrary)
- in spaces reserved for disabled drivers
- on lanes reserved for public transport or priority vehicles
- in spaces reserved for cash-in-transit vehicles
- in front of road signs or traffic lights, if the parking impacts on their visibility close to fire hydrants.