With almost 1,800 shops and business services, Nancy city centre is the region's main shopping hub.
Take a stroll along Rue Saint Jean towards Place Stanislas and the old town, passing through Place Charles 3, the covered market and the new town, to Porte de la Craffe and Faubourg des Trois Maisons.
In addition, the local shops and markets in each of the city's seven districts all have something different to offer.
The market stalls are open from 8am to 1pm in the open air markets of Plateau de Haye (110 stalls) and the Old City market (15 stalls).
Tuesday to Saturday:
- at the Etalagistes market: 26 stall-holders
- at the Central Market: 59 stall-holders
- at the Haussonville Market: 14 stall-holders
"Bon Plan" weekends
Nancy's "Bon Plan" weekends mean :
- Shops open on 9 Sundays per year
- The organisation of friendly, festive events
- Easy city-centre parking with reduced car-parking costs, in partnership with Indigo (formerly Vinci) car parks. On Saturdays, parking in off-street car parks is capped at 4€ per day. On Sundays, car-parks are free (valid at the following car parks: Vaudémont, Stanislas, Carnot, Léopold, Manufacture, Joffre-Saint Thiébaut, Charles III, Saint Jean, Dom Calmet and Saint Dizier)
2016 schedule of "bon plan" weekends
- 2 & 3 January /start of the winter sales
- 19 & 20 March / Spring Fair: a big fair organised by the Vitrines de Nancy local trade association to celebrate the return of the good weather !
- 25 & 26 June /start of the summer sales
- 2 & 3 July / big street fair: take advantage of some great deals !
- 10 & 11 September: combine a visit to the Livre sur la Place book fair with a visit to your favourite shops which are open specially…
- 26 & 27 November: the holidays are approaching fast, make a start on your Christmas shopping
- 3 & 4 December Saint Nicholas weekend: a time when all of the good children are rewarded…
- 10 & 11 December: it's the Christmas marathon !
- 17 & 18 December: last weekend before Christmas, get that last-minute shopping done…
This allows many shops and independent businesses to offer their customers up to 1 hour's free parking in the City's car parks.
Nancy's businesses in figures
- 3,200 businesses
- 21% in hotels and catering
- 16% in commercial services
- 12% in personal goods
- a dozen local retailers' associations
- Around ten arts and crafts events and farmers' markets